Because I'm in conversion mode, here are 7 reasons the Catholic Church is attractive:
1. The Catholic Church is the only church which upholds the Gospel teaching on divorce and remarraige. How can anyone claim to teach the Gospel faith who does not uphold something Christ made so abundantly clear?
2. The Communion of the Saints. Who wouldn't want all the holy men and women who have gone before us and who now stand before the throne of God to pray for them?
3. The Catholic Church is not afraid of having things involved in prayer (pictures, rosaries, statues, chaplets, crucifixes) which is a great help to someone with a wandering mind (and a wiggling infant).
4. In a similar vein: Catholic churches are decorated with many things to look at, all of which are designed to draw the mind and heart to God. I cannot imagine trying to entertain an infant in a whitewashed box. My baby loves the statues.
5. History makes it pretty clear that the Catholic Church is the only one which dates from the time of Christ. All other Christian denominations point to a founder. The Catholic Church points only to Christ and his Apostles.
6. Confession. We're all sinners. Having a representative of Christ with the authority to forgive sins with the certainty of a Sacrament is pretty awesome.
7. Diversity. There is a place for everyone within the Catholic Church. There are devotions, saints, and manuals of prayer to suit every type of personality and every level of education.
7 Quick Takes hosted at Conversion Diary