Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
a beautiful , sunny day. The weather is getting nicer out there as the Louisiana summer heat finally begins to loosen its hold. I think we even had a couple days last week that the air conditioner didn't run!

I am thinking...
about Christmas: making gifts, planning gifts, trying to be done before Advent.
I'm also thinking about the upcoming feast of All Saints.

I am thankful...for a soft, warm, snugly, smiley, cooing, sweet-smelling baby boy.

In the kitchen...we had lasagna the other night.  I realized a couple weeks ago that a recipe for a 9" by 13" pan could be split in half and put in two 8" square pans instead, which suits our needs much better.  When I made lasagna, I cooked one pan and froze the other, and a couple days ago I enjoyed the benefits of my cleverness:  dinner (which got rave reviews from my husband and daughter) with almost no effort!

I am creating...
an autumn wardrobe for Lucy.  This is mostly in the planning stages, but I'm almost ready to buy some things and start sewing the garments I intend to make.

I am going...
mostly to my mother-in-law's house these days.  They are replacing the roof of our apartment building, and the noise is driving the babies crazy, so we go someplace quiet in the interest of trying to get some naptime in.  It's really wonderful to have family close by so that we have somewhere to go when there is some problem at our place (air-conditioning not working, water turned off, roofers making noise ... I wonder what's next?).  My in-laws are very generous about that.


I am reading...
not much besides magazines and blogs at the moment.  I finished the book I was reading and I haven't picked out another just yet.

I am hoping...
that the roofers will be done with the section of the roof directly over us in the next day or so, and then the noise won't be as bad.

I am looking forward to...
All Saint's Day!  It's one of my favorite feasts.

Around the house...sweeping up plaster debris that falls down from the ceiling because of the men tramping around on the roof.

One of my favorite things...Mass at a convent nearby on the third anniversary of our engagement yesterday.  It's wonderful to be able to get to a Latin Mass on a weekday occasionally.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
the walk to Emmaus.  We still need to hang this one up in our new place.  I kind of miss it.

From the Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment: