Thursday, August 23, 2012

A New Skirt



On the day that threatened to turn into a disaster, I decided that it would be good for my mental health to do some sewing.  This is the result:  a full circle skirt for Lucy.


 Here it is all spread out, because it amuses the mathematician in me to see the geometric qualities of a skirt.


 All the seams are neatly finished on the inside -- mostly flat-felled seams, and a french seam to attach the top portion.


The recipient is delighted with it.  When I asked her if she wanted to try it on, she immediately took off the skirt she was wearing to put this one on.


Since I'm linking this post up at Needle and thREAD, here is one of the books I'm currently reading.  The title (under that inconveniently place library sticker) is Writing Picture Books.  With all the picture books we read around here, I sometimes daydream about writing one.  It would help, of course, to have an actual story idea ...   But unrealistic as my reasons for reading it may be, it has been an enjoyable read so far.

needle and thREAD

No comments:

Post a Comment