Friday, October 19, 2012
Counting my Blessings
Because today has been one of those days, today I will count my blessings.
Tonight I am grateful for:
1. A husband who, upon coming home and seeing me looking a bit frazzled, says, "I love you."
2. Two beautiful, healthy children.
3. The way Linus sees me, and, giggling excitedly, toddle-runs toward me with both arms out to come and get a hug.
4. Lucy's excitement about drawing an "O." Her crayon makes two rounds when she does this.
5. Two little ones who love books and trips to the library.
6. The way Linus, upon encountering a closed door, reaches up, standing on tiptoe, touches the doorknob and says "Go. Go."
7. The fact that the most insistent demand Lucy usually makes is "Read. A book."