2. I threw together a dinner last night that my husband and I really liked.
Anne's Jambalaya with Beans
In a large skillet combine 1 cup white rice, 2 cups water, 2 cups pinto beans (a little more than one can), 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes, 1 small onion (chopped), 1/2 pound smoked sausage (chopped), and 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
3. I've been talking about images again, so here's another picture from the dining room.
4. My baby has been watching me eat, which caused me to realize that I have some bad habits, and that I'm lacking some good ones. Yesterday was a pretty good day; I haven't had peanut butter or crackers all day, and I said the grace before meals out loud before breakfast.
5. This is horrifying. Rutgers University Professor Helen Fisher, of the Center for Human Evolution Studies was on the Joy Behar show and described having lots of children as littering.
6. Happy feast day to all the Elizabeths out there! Today is the traditional feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary. In only 24 years she was a wife, a mother, a widow, and finally wore the habit of a third order Franciscan.
7. It's time to go attend to my baby. My monastic bell is fussing. My little vox Dei is calling.
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary