2. I've been pondering the different ways we see God at Mass. There are images, like the crucifix and the stations of the cross. There are symbols, like the altar and vestments. There are sacraments: the Eucharist and the Priesthood. And we are each created in the image and likeness of God.
3. I am praying for the unity of the church. Obviously God alone can heal a rift a thousand years old, but since the conversion of hearts in the domain of grace given by almighty God, he alone can heal the rifts in the church both old and new.
4. Since the unexpected death of a friend a couple weeks ago, I have a new found devotion to praying for the holy souls in purgatory, and to gaining as many indulgences as I can, both partial and plenary, for their benefit.
5. In the pursuit of holiness in everyday things, I am gradually building small prayers into my daily routine. This week I am working on making a morning offering.
6. Since yesterday was the feast of Ss. Simon and Jude, a second class feast, we used the china for dinner and had dessert and coffee afterward. Here's a picture of my pretty table:
7. I recently found some folks who explain very well the reasons for wearing a chapel veil. It seems it is more fashionable these days to call them mantillas these days. So I ask...
more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary