Friday, October 15, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1.  Out of the mouths of infants and sucklings thou hast perfected praise, becuase of thy enemies, that thou mayest destroy the enemy and avenger (Psalm 8:3).  There is a beautiful post on Praying with my Feet about the Communion of the Saints and the union of the church militant with the church suffering and the church triumphant.

2.  And I would do well to remember this when I start getting unrealistic ideas about what I expect of myself. Katherine at Evlogia says, "Humility is knowing who we are and who God is and stopping this silliness of confusing the two. And that thing that we're not doing so well? It just may be that it's not His will or maybe that we're trying to do it without Him. His Hand is outstretched. We just have to be humble enough to grab it and hang on tight."  The link above is to the original post.  It's a good one.

3.  And speaking of Evlogia, welcome home!  I am praying it won't take too long to feel like home.

4.  As for this week's goals:  I haven't prayed Compline every night, but I have more often than I was previously.  I haven't dusted yet, but I have vacuumed.

5.  St. Teresa of Avila, pray for us.

6.  Soft background music seems to have a very calming effect on my baby.  She seems to be much happier and easier to entertain when it's playing.

7.  Now I need to publish this post and go cut out the baby dress I've been meaning to sew.

                                              find more quick takes at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment