Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mid-February Daybook


Today the Church Celebrates ...  first Vespers of Septuagesima.  It's time to start thinking about Lent, and around here the Carnival season is about to kick into high gear.  I have trouble figuring out what to make of this season.  The liturgical vestments are purple, the "Alleluia" has already been put away until Easter, so liturgically the season has a penitential character.  At the same time, there are balls, parades, and king cakes.

I am thinking ...  about routines.  So far, my daily routine is working well.  Eventually, however, I'm going to have to figure out how to incorporate non-daily tasks also, which will complicate the routine.

I am praying ...  The Divine Office for Tiny People.  It's my own creation, and I like it.  Someday, as my children grow up, I will move toward the full Divine Office.  For now, this is what fits.

I am wearing ...  a denim skirt and a long-sleeve t-shirt.

I am creating ...  the Christmas dress that wasn't.  I had plans to make my baby a Christmas dress, and had the fabric all cut out and ready to go, and it never happened.  I am now working on sewing it together.  Fortunately, I think it will still fit.

I am reading ...  Real Learning:  Education in the Heart of the Home by Elizabeth Foss.  I love it.   It's really inspiring.  I can't wait to start teaching my daughter.

Outside my window ...  darkness.

I am listening to ...  silence.  After a very cranky evening, the baby is now asleep.  We're trying to keep it that way.

I am grateful for ...  a sleeping baby.

From the kitchen ...  breakfast casserole.  It's one of my favorite recipes, and tonight was the first time I tried to make it myself.

One of my favorite things ...  the way my baby smiled this morning when her father blessed her with holy water before leaving for work.

A picture thought I am sharing ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment