Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along

I have a couple of yarn along photos that I took and then never posted here, so here they are:

I finished (just in time) a doll hat for a little girl who loves her baby and the color red, and just turned four.  I am reading Plato's dialogues, because I wish I knew more about philosophy.

Here's a small swatch I was using to  learn how to do a Norwegian purl (k1p1 ribbing, in case you can't tell).  Now that I've go the hang of it, I really like it.  I also learned a different way of forming my knit stitches.  The combination is much more efficient of motion and more comfortable for my shoulder, which used to hurt when I knit too much at once.
I was reading (and have since finished)  Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh.  It's one of the best-written novels I have ever read.  I cannot recommend this highly enough (the recent movie, on the other hand .... worthless!).

1 comment: