Friday, March 25, 2011

Annunciation


Today is the feast of the Annunciation, the day of the Incarnation, when the Word of God took flesh of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  For nine months He will dwell in her womb.  Although we are in the middle of Lent, the Church suddenly presents us with the expectation of Advent.

Since today Christ began His stay in His mother's womb, and Mary must have begun her preparations for His arrival, I began my preparations for Christmas.  Today, that consisted of making a list of all the people to whom I will give gifts and wrote down ideas for a few of them.  The list is mostly blank, but I have begun.  I also have an ulterior motive for beginning very early this year:  we are expecting a new baby in August, and based on my experience with my first, I don't expect to accomplish much beyond caring for children, doing damage control on the laundry, and feeding my family between August and December.

Happy Feast Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have always love the feast of the Annunciation. What a lovely young woman Mary was, and how blessed the world is for her having said yes.

    ReplyDelete