Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras Daybook

Outside my window ...
Darkness, with the threat of tornadoes, thunderstorms, heavy rain, and flash flooding.  I'm afraid that we may not be able to make it to Mass tomorrow.  I am bitterly disappointed.


I am praying ...
that the weather conditions and predictions change before tomorrow morning.

I am wearing ...
a purple shirt.  It is Mardi Gras, after all.

I am creating ...
a crocheted basket to contain the toys that the baby plays with in Mom and Dad's bedroom.

I am reading ...
A Mother's Rule of Life.  So far, it's interesting.

I am listening to ...
silence.  A very tired baby went to sleep early tonight.  It seems that she realized that today was exciting and didn't want to miss any of it, getting up extra early and refusing to take a nap.  However, she slept through most of the parade today.

I am grateful for ...
no rain during the parade this morning.

From the kitchen ...
tuna salad sandwiches for dinner tonight.  After a day of feasting and parties, no one wanted anything fancy.

A picture thought I am sharing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment